He will prepare a live demo for this talk with an example that uses AWS IoT to send temperature data from a Bluetooth Low Energy peripheral to a Slack channel. He will show how to write the tests for that and set up the test resources which replace the device and the Slack channel so that the solution can be continuously tested and delivered.
The key takeaways of this talk are:
- how the cloud native test-pyramid looks like;
- Infrastructure as code is key, because configuration of cloud-native services are part of the solution;
- how BDD can be used to write re-usable test instructions;
- to write tests that behave like real users (retry if failed multiple times); instead of programming shortcuts, because this will give better information to system design;
- use "real" test doubles backed by queues to monitor outcome of test cases;
Комментарий программного комитета:
Не очень суровый нордический парень расскажет, как тестировать IoT на AWS.